BOOKCLUB | BEAUTY | LIFESTLYE

 There are some books when you’re even slightly interested in the blogging/fashion world you just can’t ignore, even if you want to. Now some of these books I don’t really believe mandate a reading, especially not buying when you look at some of the prices of the beauty books some days.
Things like ‘Girl Online’ or Fleur De Forces Glam Guide. I feel you only read these if you’re actually interested in those youtubers. But a couple of books I just haven’t seem to be able to find a reason not to buy are ‘Pretty Honest’ by Sali Hughes and ‘#Girl Boss’ by Sophia Amoruso.

After leaving high school I really do think its time for me to find myself and all that gushy nonsense and what not. But even just reading the blurb and the first couple pages of these books have me hooked and completely excited for a new life and really discovery myself and my interests. I am just so excited that we're really coming into a time when its okay to be a bad ass feminist and wear florals and red lipstick.


Reading Pretty Honest is almost like taking a course in beauty or really all things ‘girl’ or feminine. Which I’m really happy about embracing these days. It teaches you everyone about what shades match what skin tones and how to wear a perfect red lip. Hughes is really a great writer and is completely straight with you. No extra padding for the faint hearted and I really love it.


Girl Boss is Sophia Amoruso’s story about how she started Nasty Gal from the ground up and how it is for a woman in the business world. Basically what its like to be a Girl Boss. Its all about woman power really and its basically just making me want to start and business and rule the world, so great book really.

Love, Rosie.

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.